Monday, July 7, 2008

Blah, Blah. Blog

Seven has always been my lucky number. You would think that today (7/7/08) might be my lucky day. Granted, there are still a few hours left in the day, but STILL NO BABY! I am not feeling so lucky. Especially, when I checked my email this morning and found out that my wonderful girlfriend; Wendy (whose due-date was near mine) had her baby three weeks early! Wendy, that is so rude! Kidding. I meant to say congratulations!

So, no pictures of the baby yet. I can only hope it will be someday soon. Nick and I managed some recreational activities over the weekend, such as going to a matinee of Wall-E, and renting The Bucket List. No pictures to post, though; because the Camera is packed in the "hospital bag", and I am not about to dig it out.

One item worth mentioning is that Nick started his Pharmacy Rotations today (welcome to the real-world of Full-Time employment!). This month he is working at the University of Washington Hospital Coagulation Clinic. Fun! I, on the other hand, am about ready to hang-up my "working shoes" after nearly ten-years of full-time employment! Yikes, has it really been that long?!

Hopefully, baby pictures to come soon.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Aw Man! No baby? That's rough...I hear castor oil mixed in orange juice works wonders!!! Never tried it myself, though! 10 years of full-time work coming to an end..that is impressive, I'd say we've come a long way since Staples.

Get Hooked said...

Hang in there Brooke!!! The last few weeks can feel longer then the entire pregnancy. I will admit when I saw that you updated I was a little excited. My secret is Edenama. I really have no idea if it works, but I ate it right before I had both my girls. I will also suggest walking, and walking and walking and walking. Good Luck! Can't wait to hear the news.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see pictures of your little girl...she better hurray up....lol. see she's already giving you a hard time and she isnt even here yet!

The Johnson's said...

Hey Brooke! Hang in there...I was four days late with Paige- those were the longest four days. My advise is YOGA. I did yoga the morning I had Paige. In the middle of my workout I started having contractions, which continued throughout the day, and 8 hours later she was here! Good luck, and post when she arrives.

Josh and Britany said...

Well hopefully you have that baby soon, so we can see it when we are there! We are coming up the end of July and would love to see you guys, if you're feeling up to it.

Jeff C. said...

Reagan is just waiting to be born on her uncle's birthday :)

Bellamy Family said...

ok ... this is what I did and it worked. First, get your memebranes stripped (wont do anything if the baby isnt ready to come, but put me into labor both times) then with Mason I walked up and down the curb of our street and also you need to lay in the tent position :) it's where you put one leg over the other and elevate it with pillows. It will work I know it will!! When are you guys moving back??
Talk to you soon, Korie (Spencer told me to make sure I signed it Korie where I was talking about what I did to induce labor ... lol)

Tui Family said...

Hey Brooke!
Sorry to hear that your little girl is being stubborn...she's just preparing you for what's to come! Hehe! Sorry to depress you with my news, I totally know how that feels! That's what happenend with my best friend and I last time! I don't really have any advice to give you since both my girls came when I wasn't really ready for them to come! Maybe that's the key! =) Anyway, I'm sure it will be anytime soon...just make sure you rest up now (if that's possible!) I forgot how fun the all night feeding sessions are! lol Keep us posted on here! I'm excited to see some pics!