My three best girlfriends are so wonderful, I sometimes forget we aren't blood relatives!
Lindsay, Kris and Jeanne; what would my life be without you?

Lindsay and I have been pals for a decade now. We went from being the wild and crazy single chicks, to very responsible (but still hot) Mommies. If my wedding had been a more formal affair, Lindsay would have been one of the two girls I would have had as bridesmaids (my sister, being the other). One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't scrape together the money and insist on taking time off of work to attend Lind's destination wedding. Lindsay and I have truly seen each other through the good, bad and ugly. Lindsay is one of the most classy people I know. I still learn so much from her and I know we'll be friends forever.

Jeanne. Maybe it is a good thing we didn't know each other when we were young and single, we are so similar that I am sure we would have been too much to handle! I am grateful that I got to know her while our husbands went to school together at UW. Jeanne threw me a fantastic baby shower when I was pregnant with Reagan AND took good care of me right after Reagan was born. She was the only person that brought me dinner after I delivered Reagan. We both hated Seattle- at first. Then, we loved it and didn't want to leave. Jeanne came back to UT too, after our husbands graduated, and she is the one person I can always call to commiserate with about how much we miss the Pacific Northwest; and about how we wish someone would pick up a franchise opportunity and build a Zupas close to either of our houses!
Anna: (Seattle Friend) Another one of the "trooper wives" that made it through the rigors of having a husband in the pharmacy program at UW. She was the first person to babysit Reagan; I trusted her that much. Nick and I can't wait to make a trip to AZ to visit!
Kensey: (Married to a Fellow Pirate) I don't know Kensey too well, but I know she has to be a cool girl, otherwise Austin never would have married her.
Catherine: (Married to My Cousin) Catherine is in a similar boat that I am/was. She just had a pretty baby girl, and is living away from family while her husband finishes Law School.
Jeanne: See Above
Heather: See Previous Post
Julie: (Cousin) I have a LOT of cousins on the paternal side of my family. Julie is actually my sisters age, but I was allowed to hang with the two of them also. Every time I hear a Beach Boys song I can't help but think of Julie (we would always play the my Dad's Beach Boys record, when Julie slept over). Julie gave me chicken pox when I was little. Don't worry I haven't held a grudge. The words that Julie said at church at her own LDS missionary farewell are still something I remember. Her conviction to our beliefs were such an example to me.
KLynn Photography: Korie's business. I'll post a personal note on her, below.
Lindsay, Kris and Jeanne; what would my life be without you?

Lindsay and I have been pals for a decade now. We went from being the wild and crazy single chicks, to very responsible (but still hot) Mommies. If my wedding had been a more formal affair, Lindsay would have been one of the two girls I would have had as bridesmaids (my sister, being the other). One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't scrape together the money and insist on taking time off of work to attend Lind's destination wedding. Lindsay and I have truly seen each other through the good, bad and ugly. Lindsay is one of the most classy people I know. I still learn so much from her and I know we'll be friends forever.
Not the most flattering pic of me (it was taken when Reagan was 3 days old). As always, Kris looks great. I learned so much from Kris professionally (she was my boss for many years) and just through every day interaction. Kris was the perfect foil to my quick temper. She is one of the main reasons I would think about moving back to the Seattle area someday. Considering how much we did together (we went out to eat at least once a work-day at different restaurants- for years!) I am surprised that this is the only picture I could find of the two of us! We'll have to change that.

Jeanne. Maybe it is a good thing we didn't know each other when we were young and single, we are so similar that I am sure we would have been too much to handle! I am grateful that I got to know her while our husbands went to school together at UW. Jeanne threw me a fantastic baby shower when I was pregnant with Reagan AND took good care of me right after Reagan was born. She was the only person that brought me dinner after I delivered Reagan. We both hated Seattle- at first. Then, we loved it and didn't want to leave. Jeanne came back to UT too, after our husbands graduated, and she is the one person I can always call to commiserate with about how much we miss the Pacific Northwest; and about how we wish someone would pick up a franchise opportunity and build a Zupas close to either of our houses!
Thank goodness for modern technology! Without which, I wouldn't be able to be as connected to you three.
In fact, the world of blogging has done so much for my social life. I have made new friends, reconnected with old ones and been able to see more detail on the lives of friends who have always been there.I want to give a "shout" out to my other friends, in the blogging world! You guys are special enough to have the link to your own blogs; posted on mine! Here's to you (in the order that your names appear on the sidebar of my blog!):
<---------------- Anna: (Seattle Friend) Another one of the "trooper wives" that made it through the rigors of having a husband in the pharmacy program at UW. She was the first person to babysit Reagan; I trusted her that much. Nick and I can't wait to make a trip to AZ to visit!
Janetta: (Seattle Friend) Janetta does it ALL. Literally. She has so many talents and ambitions. Also, she and I became Mommies within a week of each other. Her blog evokes such strong emotions from me. Happiness/Laughter, Determination, Thankfulness....
Kensey: (Married to a Fellow Pirate) I don't know Kensey too well, but I know she has to be a cool girl, otherwise Austin never would have married her.
Ruthann: (Fellow Pirate) Thann and I hated each other for a while in H.S. (we were dating brothers at the time). Then we fell in love. ha ha. We ran cross country together and both put in half-hearted efforts (I think we both joined for the social scene, more than anything). Ruthann is the only person I have ever shared a bedroom with, besides my own sister. Yes, we eventually became such good friends that we were roommates in college. Ruthann is a phenomenal cook and mother.
Catherine: (Married to My Cousin) Catherine is in a similar boat that I am/was. She just had a pretty baby girl, and is living away from family while her husband finishes Law School.
Tiffany: (Fellow Pirate) Tiff and I have been buds for a long time (she was in attendance at my fifth birthday party). She and I were the only two kids who's parents pulled us out of school when our sixth grade teacher (who is current in prison for child molestation) decided to show a controversial film in class. We ruined one of her Mom's plates one day, because we melted jelly beans on it in the microwave, trying to make jelly. Tiffany has to be one of the nicest people alive. In all the years I have known her, I don't think I've ever heard her say a mean thing about anyone.
Emily: (Former Co-worker: TWICE!) Emily and I probably spent more time laughing together when we worked at Staples, than working. Emily is one of those friends that you can be away from for quite a while, but the next time you see each other things pick up seamlessly. In person, and through her blog posts she CRACKS ME UP! In conclusion, two words: Barbie Backpacks!
Haley: (Fellow Pirate) Haley is brilliant. For as long as I have known her she has put her smarts to use, and been very outspoken (in H.S. a few editorials that she wrote to the newspapers were so well written that they were published in the newspaper). Haley and I have had a longstanding, albeit small, wager on the BYU vs. Utah Football game. What do you say, Haley?! This year: loser buys the winner lunch?
Jeanne: See Above
Heather: See Previous Post
Julie: (Cousin) I have a LOT of cousins on the paternal side of my family. Julie is actually my sisters age, but I was allowed to hang with the two of them also. Every time I hear a Beach Boys song I can't help but think of Julie (we would always play the my Dad's Beach Boys record, when Julie slept over). Julie gave me chicken pox when I was little. Don't worry I haven't held a grudge. The words that Julie said at church at her own LDS missionary farewell are still something I remember. Her conviction to our beliefs were such an example to me.
Britany: (Another Cousin) Britany and I didn't see too much of each other growing up. It wasn't until Nick and I moved to Washington that I really got to know her. When we first moved to Seattle Britany invited us to do stuff with her family on several occasions. She is one of my only older cousins, and I adore her.
Dawn: (Fellow Pirate) Dawn was always the sweet one in our circle of High School Friends and I was "the meanest of the nice" or the "nicest of the mean". I got to be friends with Dawn our 9th grade year of school. Fun memories: organizing outings to Haunted Houses, ever year in October. Freaking out in the backseat of Brennan's car when the boys took us (very unwillingly) to Hobbitville. Sending up-to-the-minute updates (twitter didn't exist yet) about our daily activities to each other via email, when we both worked for Zions. Good times.
Kim: (Friend from LFP) I met Kim through church. She attended the same one that we did when we lived in Seattle. Kim is so genuine and loving. Even though we don't live near each other anymore she still looks out for my best interest and gives me ideas about what I can do to decorate my house. Kim has so much potential, and I know she is going to meet the perfect "prince charming" someday!
KLynn Photography: Korie's business. I'll post a personal note on her, below.
Kristy: (Fellow Pirate) Kristy is one that I have re-connected to through the blogosphere. Kristy turned me in to the shopaholic I am today. We would have our Mom's drop us off at the mall (typical teenage girl activity) and I mostly remember shopping for dresses to wear to the regional dances. Kristy, my credit card company thanks you for efforts in turning me in to a faithful patron of Banana Republic, Nordstrom and Aldo. LOL
Laura: (Forever Friend) Laura lived in my neighborhood growing up. I think our experiences of the early 20's were probably pretty similar. We also got married a little later in life (at least, according to Mormon standards); and both of us are starting down the path of "new mommyhood" as we approach 30. Laura also ended up in Davis County. Laura, I saw you driving when I was out and about the other day, I was going to honk and wave; but I didn't want to look like a gomer.
Sheri: (Fellow Pirate) Sheri, Sheri baby. How many times was that lyric shouted out by our guy friends in High School? Sheri and I met each other in 5th grade when they changed the boundaries for our elementary school and Sheri ended up in my class. Sheri had a role in nearly all of my happy Junior High and High School memories.
April: (Friend from LFP) April is one of the trendiest Mom's I know. It was like we were friends from the moment she introduced herself to me when we lived in Seattle. I am pretty sure we bonded over her shoes (she and I both like pretty shoes).
Korie: (Wife of a Friend, and now my Friend) Korie married Spencer. Spencer and I started being friends when I lived in Cedar City, UT; my freshman year of college. Over time, Korie and I have made our own little friendship. Korie is my go-to-person when I need beautiful pictures done. She always makes me laugh, and we can talk like we have been friends for ages.
Jamie: (Childhood Friend) Yay! Jamie is one of those people I have re-connected with, through blogging! Jamie contributed to my love of literature. Growing up, she would lend me the most awesome books.
Jacki: (Fellow Pirate) Jacki lived down the street from me my whole"growing up" life. We didn't really become friends until we were graduated from High School, and then we were DOUBLE TROUBLE! We had so many awesome adventures, to say the least. I've reconnected with Jacki through the blogging world also. Thank goodness we both grew up and became happy mothers and wives!
Mia: (Former Co-worker) We both dreaded the workplace where we met each other, but at least we had one bright point in the tedium of the workday: our friendship! Mia is drop-dead gorgeous; and she has the nicest personality. I was so grateful that I got to know her.
Melissa: (Friend from LFP) Melissa and I got confused for each other ALL of the time. She was my Visiting Teaching partner for 3 years in Seattle. If I ever needed anything I knew I could call her. It's sad that she doesn't live just down the street from me anymore.
Kari: (Wife of a former Co-worker) I have fallen in love with Kari's blog. I sat next to her husband when I worked at Zions for a few years. I have never physically met Kari; but I know she is awesome! Our lives have some parallels, and I always laugh because I feel like we are experiencing the same things around the same times. Both Kari and I owned Nissan Maxima's when we got married. Both Kari and I got married a little later than most LDS girls. Both Kari and I "pulled up stakes" and moved away from our families, so that we could support our husbands. Both Kari and I have 1 year old daughters that are adorable! Love it!
Leona: (Childhood Friend) Leona's Mom, and my Mom are & were best friends. So, Leona and I did a lot together growing up merely because our Moms did a lot together. Never fail, our mom's would load all of us kids in to the car and take us to MAGIC WATERS at least a few times a summer. I even remember a camping trip our Mom's bravely put together (sans spouses/our Dad's). Nowadays, Leona is my insurance agent, and still my friend. We share a love for Name Brand purses and Shoes.
Wendy B.: (Former Co-Worker) Wendy was also employed by Staples (the second most fun job I ever had). Wendy, what has happened to your blog?! You never post anymore :( Wendy has such a bubbly personality, it is impossible not to like her.
Wendy L.: (Childhood Friend and Little Sis of Tiffany) Wendy is Tiff's little sister. Just as sweet, but a little more feisty- I'd say.
That concludes the little bio's on the girlfriends from my blog.
I do want to acknowledge a few other girlies that have laughed with me, been my confidante and been everything a friend is defined as.
First and foremost:
Jill. When we were four years old our Mom's set up a playdate for us, and we spent the entire time fighting. Years down the road... we learned to fight on the same team and we were unstoppable. We single-handedly (double-handedly, because there were two of us?) put together a letter-writing campaign in high school to have our English Teacher appointed the role of AP English Teacher- we won! I learned so much about NOT "resting on your laurels" from her. Jill has to be one of the most intelligent people I know. I always appreciate her common sense and advice.
I won't take up much more writing space, because I don't know if my other friends even know that my blog exists. But I am absolutely grateful for: Michele, Emily E., Kathleen, Jenny,Tanya, Tannia, Tierney, Amanda, Emily C., Camille, Aimee, Erika, Katie S., Katie W., Katie L., Karin, Lee, Melinda, Suzanne and Sylvia! Hope I didn't forget anyone.
April: (Friend from LFP) April is one of the trendiest Mom's I know. It was like we were friends from the moment she introduced herself to me when we lived in Seattle. I am pretty sure we bonded over her shoes (she and I both like pretty shoes).
Korie: (Wife of a Friend, and now my Friend) Korie married Spencer. Spencer and I started being friends when I lived in Cedar City, UT; my freshman year of college. Over time, Korie and I have made our own little friendship. Korie is my go-to-person when I need beautiful pictures done. She always makes me laugh, and we can talk like we have been friends for ages.
Jamie: (Childhood Friend) Yay! Jamie is one of those people I have re-connected with, through blogging! Jamie contributed to my love of literature. Growing up, she would lend me the most awesome books.
Jacki: (Fellow Pirate) Jacki lived down the street from me my whole"growing up" life. We didn't really become friends until we were graduated from High School, and then we were DOUBLE TROUBLE! We had so many awesome adventures, to say the least. I've reconnected with Jacki through the blogging world also. Thank goodness we both grew up and became happy mothers and wives!
Mia: (Former Co-worker) We both dreaded the workplace where we met each other, but at least we had one bright point in the tedium of the workday: our friendship! Mia is drop-dead gorgeous; and she has the nicest personality. I was so grateful that I got to know her.
Melissa: (Friend from LFP) Melissa and I got confused for each other ALL of the time. She was my Visiting Teaching partner for 3 years in Seattle. If I ever needed anything I knew I could call her. It's sad that she doesn't live just down the street from me anymore.
Kari: (Wife of a former Co-worker) I have fallen in love with Kari's blog. I sat next to her husband when I worked at Zions for a few years. I have never physically met Kari; but I know she is awesome! Our lives have some parallels, and I always laugh because I feel like we are experiencing the same things around the same times. Both Kari and I owned Nissan Maxima's when we got married. Both Kari and I got married a little later than most LDS girls. Both Kari and I "pulled up stakes" and moved away from our families, so that we could support our husbands. Both Kari and I have 1 year old daughters that are adorable! Love it!
Leona: (Childhood Friend) Leona's Mom, and my Mom are & were best friends. So, Leona and I did a lot together growing up merely because our Moms did a lot together. Never fail, our mom's would load all of us kids in to the car and take us to MAGIC WATERS at least a few times a summer. I even remember a camping trip our Mom's bravely put together (sans spouses/our Dad's). Nowadays, Leona is my insurance agent, and still my friend. We share a love for Name Brand purses and Shoes.
Wendy B.: (Former Co-Worker) Wendy was also employed by Staples (the second most fun job I ever had). Wendy, what has happened to your blog?! You never post anymore :( Wendy has such a bubbly personality, it is impossible not to like her.
Wendy L.: (Childhood Friend and Little Sis of Tiffany) Wendy is Tiff's little sister. Just as sweet, but a little more feisty- I'd say.
That concludes the little bio's on the girlfriends from my blog.
I do want to acknowledge a few other girlies that have laughed with me, been my confidante and been everything a friend is defined as.
First and foremost:
Jill. When we were four years old our Mom's set up a playdate for us, and we spent the entire time fighting. Years down the road... we learned to fight on the same team and we were unstoppable. We single-handedly (double-handedly, because there were two of us?) put together a letter-writing campaign in high school to have our English Teacher appointed the role of AP English Teacher- we won! I learned so much about NOT "resting on your laurels" from her. Jill has to be one of the most intelligent people I know. I always appreciate her common sense and advice.
I won't take up much more writing space, because I don't know if my other friends even know that my blog exists. But I am absolutely grateful for: Michele, Emily E., Kathleen, Jenny,Tanya, Tannia, Tierney, Amanda, Emily C., Camille, Aimee, Erika, Katie S., Katie W., Katie L., Karin, Lee, Melinda, Suzanne and Sylvia! Hope I didn't forget anyone.
10 comments:
How cute are you!! You have a lot of people that you care about and that care about you. That is a wonderful thing to have. We so need to get together!! For real this time!!
Ha ha! Thanks for the shout-out. Ah, the good old days of sleeping over and eating otter pops and cold pizza for breakfast. Seriously, you're the best.
Sweet post Brooke! I must confess I'm having a hard time remembering the barbie backpacks...I'm sure it was plenty dorky and uber-funny though--cause that's exactly what we were (are?)! thank heavens for good friends...
You're so nice! I will always consider you to be one of my dear friends. We had a lot of good times together!
Yay for Brooke! You are easily one of my favorite people and among the best that I have ever met :-) I'm glad you like Korie's photos, she really appreciates your support, even if you don't see eye to eye politically :-) lol
Awww! Thanks, Brooke! Thanks for calling me intelligent. Sometimes I wonder if I have any intelligence left when my life is full of wiping little bums! I've loved keeping in touch with you through the years and all the different stages of life.
What sweet words dear Brooke! I'm sorry you left CB just as we were getting to know each other...together we could have taken over the world - at least of CB! I miss you lots and enjoy your updates. You're right, the blogs keep us together!
Thanks so much for this sweet post! I think the world of you. You know you are totally awesome, right?!
Wow! Thanks for the fattering comments! That was very thoughtful of you. I didn't think anyone but my grandma remember those editorials. When she died last year, I found copies of them all she'd saved in an envelope.
Yes, our bet will always stand. When is the game? November 20 something?
I am a little worried this year, but I will ALWAYS bleed red!!!
Brooke you are seriously going to make me cry! I don't know how I lived without you!!! I seriously feel like I have known you my whole life. You better believe it we would have gotten into trouble if we had met earlier in life:)
Post a Comment