We have had a busy few days. I really only have the energy to re-cap it all using short sentences.
1. I drove to Vernal, UT and BACK- in one day. In the little "mouse-motor" Toyota that has no cruise control. It was to support my BFF Jeanne (the occasion was the blessing of her baby daughter). Worth it, in the end. Randomness: for all of you that grew up in Magna with me... Jacob Romney is in Jeanne's ward. I said a quick "hello" to him after the worship service concluded. Small World.
2. I have had three different Fireplace companies come out to give me a quote on updating our fireplace. It has been exhausting trying to keep the house in a clean state for the visits of the Fireplace technicians. Literally, I spend most of my time following two steps behind Reagan, undoing all of the messes she makes.
3. 5 months after I submitted the amendment for our 2008 Tax return to the IRS, for the New Home Buyer Credit- I received... NOT THE CREDIT. But instead, a letter stating that I needed to send in more ridiculous paperwork to prove that we bought a house. They say they will send the credit 6-8 weeks after they receive the completed packet. That is what they told me when I sent in the original amendment. Since this is a short post I'll refrain from going in to a long and bitter diatribe about the awful state of affairs our nation is in.
4. Reagan got a new toy. She put her baby in the stroller all by herself. Impressive, don't you think?
*Click on the photo to enlarge, if you cannot tell from this small pic that the baby was unceremoniously dumped in to the stroller seat headfirst.
5. Nick bought a car off of eBay. The Mini Cooper Convertible is being sold at a dealership in Plano, TX. We are going to have the car shipped to UT. Here is a picture.

3 comments:
The baby on it's head in the stroller is classic! I can't tell you how many times I've watched Eden do that...good thing they have a few years before they are actually mom's! And yay for the little mini-cooper! He'll be stylin', especially if he continues to wear shorts, socks, and sandals to work! And thanks for you comment on my paint post. The accent walls idea echoes my sentiments exactly...good luck with your mustard colored wall!
A Mini Copper will be fun to have! Your husband will be able to fit into parking spots really easy now.
Now you each have the cars you wanted, your's being the Acura MDX and his, the Mini Copper.
hey I saw that same mini cooper floating in the Ike hurricane pics ... lol!!
Post a Comment