When I called to cancel the hotel room we had booked for NM, the Marriott associate that was helping me happened to mention that they had rooms in Las Vegas on special.
Vegas, why not?! I booked a room for two nights.
Nick and I drove down to Las Vegas and ended up having a great time!
Our dinner at McCormick and Schmick's was heavenly. How come landlocked: Las Vegas, NV can get excellent seafood, but SLC, UT cannot?
We went shopping @ (OK, actually.... truth be told, I dragged Nick through) the Outlet stores.
We did window-shopping on the strip. The Miracle Mile and the Forum shops. I found a Coach watch in the Movado store that I fell in love with, but couldn't justify the price.
We attended the Cirque De Soleil show: KA. I had actually wanted to see either: Lion King, or Love but Nick wasn't thrilled about either option. My friends: the Nash's posted a review of KA on their blog and it sounded like something that both Nick and I would like. It was, and more!
Our second night there we tried the Bellagio Buffet. I went back several times for the Duck Risotto, and I probably ate my weight in the different desserts they had available.
You would think, after gorging ourselves on dinner at the Bellagio, we wouldn't want to eat again for a week. Wrong. We ended up making a midnight-run to In N' Out burger (always a favorite!).
Gluttonous, I know.
In fact, I'd have to say we probably committed 5 of the 7 deadly sins. For example: my Greed lead me to loose $40 at the slots. Could have been worse, I suppose.
While Nick and I had a great time on our mini-vacation; I did realize that I wasn't looking forward to bringing Reagan to Las Vegas for the upcoming trip we had already planned for November 2009. We talked about my concerns on the drive home, and Nick agreed with me. We decided to change things up. Instead of Las Vegas in November, I switched our flight destination and date (Don't you love that Southwest Airlines is so flexible!?!) and we are going to be heading to San Francisco, CA in December! It has been years since I have been to the "Bay Area". Any suggestions from my friends as to what family friendly activities we might enjoy? Of course: Lombard Street, Pier 39, China Town, and The Rose Restaurant are all "musts", but I am open for suggestion after that.
5 comments:
Looks like such a fun trip. Oh I miss Vegas! It reminds me of my childless days, and disposable income. (Not that I realized that is what it was then.)
Oh I'm so glad you liked KA! We loved it. Isn't Vegas a fun place? Too bad we didn't know you were coming, we could've hooked up for lunch or something!!! Glad you had a great time.
You must, I repeat MUST, eat at Mama's for breakfast/brunch one morning. There's always a wait-sometimes hefty-but it is SO WORTH IT! We also like the golden gate park (I think that's what it's called) it's great for a family friendly walk-beautiful of course-and there are even little ponds with ducks, etc. where you can rent paddleboats and the like, although in December I'm not sure what outside activities would be like...anyhow I LOVE San Francisco and would visit all the time if I could! Actually a friend of mine's husband just graduated from dental school there, they've live in the city for the past almost 4 years with 4 little kids, I could email her and then forward it to you if you'd like?
hey, we have friends in NM too ... we should drive together (after I get my van of course!! now I need to go find some food because you've made me hungry:)
I can't wait to someday go on a vacation:) Seattle didn't seem like a vacation because we had lived there before. Sounded like a fun trip!
Post a Comment