We stayed in the most modern Hotel I have ever seen (to date). It is a brand new Marriott Springhill Suites. The amenities were wonderful (especially the full breakfast. But of course, a pregnant lady is going to say that :). And there was a Cafe Rio in the same parking lot. Like I said, ideal.
The location: Vernal, UT. Can you believe such a place exists in Vernal, UT? I couldn't.
I must admit, it's not my #1 pick for a place to vacation. Heck, if I were honest it wouldn't even crack my top 100 on a list of top destinations I'd like to visit. But this is where we ended up.
This "opportunity" arose because a 3-day shift opened up at the Walgreen's store in Vernal. They desperately needed a pharmacist out there. Walgreen's picked up the bill for the 3-night stay in the hotel, the gas, the mileage, the meals. Plus the OT pay. We figured, why not?
Another added bonus is that my friend Jeanne lives in Vernal.
Nick and I had already nixed an idea of a real summer vacation due to the fact that I am due- ha ha. Granted, the little one isn't supposed to arrive until August, but I am starting to get to the stage where everything becomes uncomfortable. And our extra money could be used in other/better ways right now.
Reagan isn't old enough to feel "jipped" about our choice of vacation spot. The fact that the hotel had an indoor pool was enough of a treat for her. Of the many times we visited the pool during our stay, we never had to share the waters. I would say that 99% of the guests at the hotel were construction worker guys (they had a sign posted at the front door requesting that all guests remove their muddy boots before entry). It was nice not to have to compete with other families for pool time.
While Nick was working, Reagan and I also spent a lot of time chillin'. We watched tons of movies (mainly of the Mickey Mouse and Elmo variety), and I was able to read a few books.
My own highlight was being able to go with Jeanne to get pedicures. Granted, the Salon/Spa was housed in (what used to be) an auto mechanic shop. But we still got quality pedi's, and that is what matters most.
I already have our next family vacation planned. And believe me, it is to a far better locale (no offense, Jeanne- Vernal isn't all bad). But the details for that vacation are for another post and another day.


3 comments:
This is funny to me! (as I'm sure it was to you!) But that hotel looks awesome and the fact that it was an all-expense paid workcation is awesome...do they need an attorney for 3 days?!
I am so glad you guys had a fun time there at Vernal. It's nice getting away from life once in a while. I have never seen a hotel quite like this one. It's unique and cool in a way.
I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Maybe next time you come:) There better be a next time! They will have opened up Dinosaur Monument and I won't have to do finals so I can show you a better time on the town:) Haha! Ok there isn't that much to do but it really is a good place to raise kids. At least so far. I am sure that Ryan at Walgreens would like to go on a vacation soon so come back!
Post a Comment