Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A lot of little bits.

This past week:
  • Nick and I took Elsa out to Grantsville to meet my Grandma Imlay. I wish I would have snapped some pictures!
  • After two years of living without cable television I ended the drought and had it installed. Originally, I called comcast because my internet bill had increased by $5 a month. I was told it was because they were increasing rates "across the board". When I hinted that I might cancel my service; the Rep. told me that he could offer me a promotion that was $5 LESS than what I had been paying each month, and in addition to the internet, it also included basic cable (and there was no installation fee). It was a 12 month promotion. Who am I to question good fortune, even it if makes no sense? I signed up, and we'll have cable for the next 12 months. Just in time for Duke Basketball season to start. Nick is pleased. I'm glad to have HGTV back :)
  • After purging the house of markers, or at least thinking I had, after the "blue sharpie marker incident"... Reagan somehow found a red marker! AND used it to color on the walls. While I was using a magic eraser to clean the walls, Reagan went upstairs and continued the mischief by unravelling several rolls of toilet paper, and some tissues in to the toilet; and then flushing it. That lead to a clog that I had to deal with. At least it wasn't nasty. Then (oh yes, it gets "better"...) Reagan kept telling me that she wanted to wear her Elmo panties. I still needed to do my hair, so I figured I'd let Reagan go without a diaper, and I'd just keep her in the bathroom with me. That way, we'd be close to the potty, if she needed to use it. Well, she did start to tinkle; but when I tried to put her on the throne she threw a fit and fought me tooth and nail! This resulted in pee getting everywhere in the bathroom, but in the toilet bowl. That was fun to clean up. And since potty training hasn't even officially begun yet, I am sure I will be doing a lot more of it. Finally (because the day just couldn't end fast enough), Reagan pooped in the tub. This is the first time she has ever done this. I guess I ought to consider myself lucky that I have only had to deal with it one time, thus far in her life. But what can ever be lucky about having to clean poop out of a tub? I called Nick at work and told him I was putting in my resignation. Of course, I didn't mean it; but it really had been an overwhelming day. Nick brought home raspberry-filled powdered donuts for me. He is so thoughtful. But even my favorite junk food can't do anything to change my opinion about the fact that having two kids in diapers is the pits.

  • Nick had to work this weekend. So, my friend Emily, and her son, Connor came with Reagan, Elsa, and Me to Liberty park.

The water feature was turned off, which was disappointing. But there were a few inches of rainwater that had collected in the main pool. We didn't see anything growing in the water and it was free of garbage so we figured "what they hey?!", and we let Connor and Reagan play in the shallow pool of water. They thought it was great!

The rides at Liberty Park were up and running that day, so we bought tickets and let the kids ride on the airplane ride.

  • It's been another good week with my little Elsa. This week she has started "social smiling" ie- returning my smiles, when she is awake. She is still sleeping well (fingers crossed that it isn't some sort of fluke). I haven't been able to capture one of her awake smiles on camera yet. I took this one with my iPhone, while we were at Liberty Park. What a good day (heaven knows, I needed one after the OTHER day I had this week!).

2 comments:

Get Hooked said...

Oh I remember it all to well now reading your post. I had forgotten the beauty of two little ones. Hang in there. It does get better. I promise!

Bellamy Family said...

the water is drained in Liberty park because of the oil leak:) first they get rid of all the balls because of the cryptosporidium outbreak and then they get rid of the water because of the oil leak!! maybe I'll just avoid Liberty park for awhile:)