This time.... it was purple pen on the yellow walls in the play room. You may not be able to tell from the picture, but the pen marks are actually really pronounced. AND the drawing isn't limited to this small space, it was on several walls. At this point, what can I say? Does anyone have a bloodhound I can borrow, to come sniff out all of the markers, pens, pencils, etc... that Reagan has hidden around the house?
Another day this week while I was changing Elsa's diaper; I heard Reagan repeating something that I interpreted as, "Helper". I thought maybe she wanted to help me with the diaper change. Nope.
She was saying, "hammer". This could have been a disaster. I know that her head is partially cut off in the picture, but I didn't have time to focus, pose, etc... the perfect picture. I pretty much picked up the camera, clicked the button, and put the camera down; so that I could take the hammer away from my little mischief maker.
This is Reagan's idea of holding the baby. Any time Elsa is accessible to Reagan; be it in her baby swing, or car seat... Reagan will SMOTHER her with affection (literally, and figuratively).
Below are some of my attempts to get a picture of Elsa smiling. Not what I was hoping for, but cute nonetheless.
When I was on the phone with Heather the other day, I was hesitant to tell her about the fact that Elsa has consistently been sleeping 8-9 hours through the night. #1- because I don't want to curse myself and have Elsa's demeanor change just because I am gushing about her, and #2- because I didn't want to make Heather feel bad (since Grant can still give her a hard time about sleeping through the night and he is over a year old). But Heather told me that if she had a baby as wonderful as Elsa she would brag about it!
So I will.
I thought I HATED newborns. In the back of my mind I was thinking that I probably wouldn't start to enjoy Elsa until she was around 9 months old. I am so glad to be proved wrong. Sure, Elsa can have some fussy time. But for the most part she is an absolute angel!
For that reason I felt that much WORSE about the fact that I had been feeding her beetle parts/larvae. Yes, the formula I had been giving Elsa was part of the Similac formula recall! I felt awful. That feeling was compounded by the fact that it took me FOREVER to get in touch with Similac to even find out which cans of my formula were part of the recall.
I have been buying formula on every shopping trip, since I found out I was pregnant with Elsa. By the time she was born I calculated that I probably had enough formula in the pantry to last a year.
This is no longer the case.
I tried for an hour to get on to the Similac webpage to input the numbers on the bottom of my cans to find out if they were bad. The webpage was overloaded.
The first FEW times I called the 800 number listed I received a message that told me to go to the website and then hung up on me.
FINALLY, I got through and was on hold for another 30 minutes before I got a live person. I made the gal at Similac stay on the phone with me while I went through every single can I owned.
In the end, 11 cans of Similac in my pantry were part of the recall. Including the can I had been feeding Elsa from! Gross.
I was able to take 8 of the cans back to Smith's for a credit of over $175. The remaining cans I have to mail back to Similac.
I hope that 15 years down the road if Elsa reads this she doesn't resent me. But Elsa, sweetie, I didn't feed you disgusting formula on purpose! If I had known this would happen I probably would have breastfed. Too late now. Sorry.
5 comments:
Benson was a better sleeper at two months old than he was at four or five months old. Enjoy it while it lasts! I hope it does last, for your sake!
What adventures your family has had. Glad you were able to take care of the pen marks and baby formula.
Elsa is so cute. I love new born babies. They are so precious and cute.
ewwww! You inspired me to check the free formula I got from the hospital that I use on occassion for Trace and sure enough it's part of the recall too. GROSS!!! Good Luck with the sleeper. Trace was decent until about 3 months and then I'm pretty sure I caused bad sleep habits. I hope she continues to sleep for you. Isn't being a mom the second time around so much less stressful? Your baby sure is pretty and that cute trouble maker of yours makes me smile. Hug her tight. It won't last forever, but it will get different just when you figure out how to curb that one.
Sorry about the drawings and the Similac. We had to take a ton back to the store, too. Not only is it gross to think I've been feeding Molly bugs, but it may actually explain all her noxious fumes lately.
. . . and Molly has been a really good sleeper for 4 months now. (I'll keep my fingers crossed for both her and Elsa to keep it that way.)
It makes me happy to hear that you have a good newborn, I'm sure you know why! After all that hassle with the formula, I'll bet it was nice to have that 175 credit...too bad you probably just have to reuse it on baby needs!
Post a Comment