In fact, when I woke up this morning and went in to Reagan's room. She asked me for some milk, so I put some in a sippy and went back to her bedroom. When she saw that it was in a green cup she started throwing a tantrum and told me that she wanted it from the yellow cup. Whatever. I set the green cup down next to her and walked out of the room.
Regan proceeded to kick and scream and eventually hurled the milk against the wall.
Reagan got out of bed and went to Nick. Reagan asked Nick for some Yellow Milk. Nick took her in to the kitchen and started to get the yellow sippy. While he was doing that Reagan caught a glimpse of the blue sippy and decided she wanted that instead. Of course, Daddy obliged.
This is how things generally work at our house. So the next part of my post should come as no surprise.
On Saturday we were planning on going to the BYU football game, with Elsa but not Reagan. I had made plans to use the regular babysitter. Well, as we were getting ready for the game Nick made the mistake of telling Reagan, "Brittany is coming over to play". Reagan knows that this is code for "Mommy and Daddy are leaving, and you will be having a babysitter".
Reagan promptly climbed in to Nick lap, put her arms around his neck, and started to cry. This went on for several minutes, and the sitter hadn't even arrived yet.
When Brittany did get to the house Reagans antics just got worse.
Nick and I kept giving each other "the look" ie- how can we leave this child who is in hysterics with the poor babysitter?
Finally, Nick just asked me, "should we take her with us?". Translation: "Let's take her with us."
So, I sent the babysitter home, and we put Reagan in the car to come with us.
This should cement our places as "parents of the year". Reagan has now learned that if she throws a big enough fit she gets her way.
Reagan got her first "taste" of a live BYU Football game. She was fine with the first few "bites", but definitely was not ready for a "full-meal".
Reagan has a pink BYU hat. On the back it says: "I kick and scream for the BYU Cougars". So appropriate.
Brian and Jenny spent most of the game watching Elsa. I think it was a pretty easy job because Elsa slept, ate, and sat quietly throughout the game.
Like I said before, Reagan liked the first five minutes of the game; and lost interest from there.
I'd like to say that Mommy and Daddy learned their lesson and that Reagan will not be going to any more football games until she is mature enough to sit still. But Reagan has an entire arsenal of tactics that she uses to get her way, so she very well could end up at the BYU vs. UNLV game that is coming up. Let's hope not.
1 comment:
Oh man!! I think it's just a Daddy thing! That's exactly how my husband is with my daughter. It doesn't matter if I say no, dad will always say yes to his little girl!! Too cute!
Post a Comment