Lance and Reagan ran around like the crazy kids that they are.
The rest of us roasted hot dogs and s'mores.
And we all ate the scrumptious food we cooked over the fire in our fire pit. You can tell that Reagan especially liked eating the marshmallows, as exhibited by the webbed fingers she developed:
The next day, Nick, Reagan and I visited the dentist for our 6 month check up's. Reagan liked playing at the block table in the waiting room. But was having nothing to do with taking her turn in the chair for a dental examination. Nick managed to get some cooperation from Reagan when he sat down in the chair and put Reagan in his lap. It gave the dentist a good 30 seconds to examine Reagan's teeth. Then she bit him. Examination over.
Reagan and I both left the office with clean bills of oral health. Nick had two cavities.
On Saturday we trekked down to Provo for the BYU football game. It turned out to be well worth the trip. I'm going to refrain from making any snide comments about the other noteworthy football game that took place in UT that day. Mostly because the only reason we had a babysitter for Reagan was due to the fact that Jeff (Heather's Ute-Fan Husband) wanted to watch the UofU game, rather than coming to the BYU game with us. For that I was grateful.
Reagan and Grant stayed home with Jeff. Elsa and Lance came to the BYU game with us. We SO got the best end of that deal! But thanks, Jeff, for agreeing to watch the kids, and sorry your team did so downright cruddy in their game.
On the way home from the game, in the car, Elsa was playing some sort of game with my brother, Brian (if you haven't already heard, he's the one that never reads my blog). He would smile at her, and she would smile. Then, he would make a "sad face", and this is what Elsa would do:
It had all of us laughing.
We finished off the week with a little relaxation at home.
These pictures illustrate a realization I have had, of late. That: Reagan has never had to share anything, in her entire life, and that Elsa will probably have to share everything. I guess it is a good thing that Elsa appears to be such an easy-going child. And Reagan is learning. Recently, she has started telling Grant, "Thank You, Granters (his nickname)", after she yanks a toy out of his hands. Hey, it's progress, right?!
3 comments:
oh my word ... I love that sad face!! My kids make that face sometimes, but never on command. You guys have a fun busy life!!
Brooke, I am so jealous about your trip, but happy that you guys get to go back and visit friends. Mike and I were just talking about taking a trip to the Coast for a taste of the good stuff there. I hope your food adventure is amazing!! When you two get home, lets go on a food adventure here, do you two want to double date some where crazy? We'll think of something great. Have fun Friend.
I laughed at the webbed fingers from the marshmallows. You are a great story teller and I love reading your blog!
Post a Comment