We were staying at the Residence Inn on Lake Union. I had requested an early check-in. When we arrived at the hotel at noon we were told that if we could wait until 4PM they could give us a room upgrade (to one that had a balcony and a view of the lake).
Nick and I didn't think our little family could wait that long so we settled for a regular room without a balcony and a view of the building next door.
I packed one of Elsa's play mats. When Nick saw me unpacking it he made fun of me. But Mother knows best. It was so helpful to have a place to put Elsa, other than on the bare floor or the boring bed, and she loved playing with the toys.
Before we left, I was making up an itinerary and I asked Nick what he wanted to do while we were in town. His response, "EAT.". Anything else? Nope.
So, as soon as we checked in to the hotel I ran across the street and brought back a take-out order from Duke's Chowder House.
For dinner, we invited some of our friends to the hotel and we picked up take-out from Rocking Wok. Then we took our kids swimming.
Hanging out with the Boone's and the Harrington's was very entertaining. Thanks, guys, for coming to play!
Oh, and you might notice Reagan's ghetto swimming suit in those pictures. Yes. Well.... Even though I completely overpacked I managed to forget Reagan's swimsuit.
Fortunately, I realized my mistake before the swim-date took place. But it still left me in a bind. I scoured Fred Meyer hoping to find a swimsuit on the clearance rack. No luck.
So, I went to the Goodwill. They had TONS of swim trunks (for little boys), and I even managed to find a swimsuit for Elsa. But there was not a 3T swimsuit to be found at the Goodwill. I ended up purchasing a tank top and some swim shorts to serve as a make-shift swimsuit. Reagan didn't mind at all.
The week before we left I found the shirt Reagan is wearing in the picture (above) at Old Navy for .97 cents (and in UT, no less. Strange?)! Maybe it will be worth something someday, since the Seattle Sonics are no more?
1 comment:
It was so fun to see you and your darling family! Thanks for making time while you were here in Seattle.
Post a Comment