Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home Sweet Home- SEATTLE!



As soon as we stepped off of the plane it felt like we had come home. My skin was grateful for the moisture in the air! I hardly used any lotion while we were in town- as opposed to the gallons I have to SWIM in each day because of the arid UT climate. Also, everything was just familiar- and we were able to recall so many happy memories. I knew it would be hard to go back to Seattle, knowing we wouldn't be staying. It's almost funny, because I hated the first year of living in Seattle (mainly due to the fact that I had a job that was miserable!). But once we got settled Nick and I adored Seattle, and feel more like Seattleites than Utahns!

We stayed in the surprisingly nice AND clean Studio 6 Hotel. Thanks to Jill for giving me a heads-up on how to travel with a toddler! We put Reagan's pack-n-play in the kitchen (the idea being that we could have space between each other- so that she wouldn't see or hear us and get distracted from sleeping). It worked as well as things could, considering that Reagan wasn't in her own bed at home.

The only downside to the whole trip was the rental car. First: I felt like I was living in the Seinfeld episode where Jerry has a disaster at the Rental Car Counter "yes, I will take the rental car insurance, because I am going to beat that car to hell!". When all was said and done we ended up with a sweet (not) Chevy Impala. At one point we had six people in the car- with my parents and me riding in the front bench-seat "cowboy style". It was totally ghetto.

No comments: