Sunday, December 26, 2010

Leading Up To Christmas:

What a busy time of year. Nick had to work 8 straight days after Thanksgiving so I put up the Christmas decorations all by myself. The house didn't get any Christmas lights (hopefully next year!).
I hooked my ipod up to it's little dock and Reagan and I had several fun afternoons of dancing around to Christmas music.
Over the summer, while I was still pregnant with Elsa; I shredded zucchini and pureed pumpkin from our garden. Then I froze it. I broke it out two weeks before Christmas and made mini loaves of zucchini bread and pumpkin bread to give to our neighbors. Not all of the loaves turned out (I HATE cooking, and I'm not good at it). So, it was off to Costco to supplement gifts for others.

One night we headed to downtown SLC and met up with one of my oldest friends, Michele and her family. We ate dinner, and then boarded the train to go to Temple Square to see the lights.


Reagan couldn't have cared less about the lights. She was far more enamoured with the fountains. I wanted to avoid the water features at Temple Square, but those suckers were EVERYWHERE! And Reagan had to spend 15 minutes at each one.



Right before Christmas we had a little dinner, and invited Nick's old buddies from High School to our house. I knew them in High School too, so I suppose I ought to say that we had friends from High School over.
It was fun to hear reminiscence's. The Nye's, Oates', Wallwork's, and West's all came.
I ordered lasagnas from Dinners By Diana, and rolls from Sugar Daisy Bakery. You know, because I just love to cook so much. Sarcasm.
The other items that were brought were simply delectable! Once again, Heather W. outdid herself on desserts! Liz O. made a yummy salad. Randy W. treated us to Canoli. And Josh N. brought drinks. All in all, a fine meal, and a fine evening.

Santa made another visit this year. As opposed to last year, Reagan loved him! Santa's costume from last year was unavailable. Since Santa was on a bit of a budget he had to pick up a new suit from Oriental Trading. I don't think any of the kids noticed the difference in quality, so that was good. Also, Thanks Again to my brother, Brian, for being Santa's Helper.

I hate that this time of year seems to go so quickly! It makes me sad to think that I have to put my John Denver and the Muppets; a Christmas Together away for 12 more months. But I guess what makes it special is that it only happens for a short time each year.

No comments: