Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Time.

The home stretch, leading up to Christmas found me very behind in preparations.
The only decoration I put up was our Christmas Tree.
I barely managed to get all of my shopping done.

And before I knew it, it was Christmas Eve Day.
I had planned to go out to Grantsville that morning to visit with my Cousin Julie, who was in town.
I scrambled to get everyone ready (Nick was at work), and as I started to do Reagan's hair she started crying and told me she was going to throw up. I ushered her to the bathroom, but for some reason she kept backing away from the toilet?
She barfed on the bathroom floor and shower rug.

Needless to say, I didn't make it out to visit my family.
Reagan threw up several more times that day, and only once made it to the potty to do so.

But it did turn out to be a slight blessing in disguise.
Reagan spent the rest of the day lounging around in my bed, watching movies. This allowed me to find time to wrap presents, and clean the house.

Sidenote: looking back, the longest stretch Reagan has ever gone without vomitting (since she started eating grown-up-food) has been three months. Why? Why?! did I get a child that's bodily function problem happens to be the one thing I loathe the most? Anyway... this time it wasn't just her "usual" throw up incident. She actually had a stomach bug. I know this because both Elsa, and Nick ended up with it too.
Reagan didn't throw up on Christmas day. Maybe this was another gift from Santa?
But as soon as 12:30AM hit, on December the 26th, Reagan's tummy troubles resumed. Sigh. Once again, I'm so glad I have the carpet cleaner.

Christmas Eve the girls had a "sleepover". Reagan slept on the trundle in Elsa's bedroom.


Christmas morning. My kids slept until 8AM. Since Reagan wasn't feeling well she was pretty mellow.
Santa left Cohen a wagon, Elsa a Barbie VW Bug power wheels, and Reagan an XBOX Kinect.
Cohen also got some new bottles, and a glow worm.
Elsa received several new baby dolls.
And Reagan got Disney Princess Bath toys. And a Fisher Price Camera, Blue Nail Polish, and a Harmonica (all things she asked for).



It was a great day. Nick made pancakes for breakfast. And we spent most of our time enjoying each other's company.

In the evening we went to Nick's parents house for dinner. Nick made the most amazing mashed potatoes! He boiled the potatoes in chicken stock. When they were done, to make them creamy; he added: cream, marscapone cheese, and Parmesan cheese. While the potatoes were boiling he cooked diced bacon in a pan with minced garlic. He added the bacon to the mashed potatoes, and drizzled the bacon drippings over the mashed potatoes.
You could probably get fat just looking at finished product, but it was Christmas so we all indulged and had several helpings. YUM!

Nick's gifts consisted of: a new XBOX controller, season 7 of The Office, a BYU lunch bag (for work), and some Duke sandals.
Nick bought me lotion from Victoria's Secret, and also arranged for us to have a nice date night.

For our date, we went to the Log Haven restaurant. It was nice to have a night to ourselves, but the food was nothing to write home about.

It was a Grand Christmas! And we get to do it again in a few weeks when my Dad and Mom are in town. It certainly won't be too much of a good thing.

No comments: