Monday, December 19, 2011

Exciting New Arrival!

My mom took this picture of Heather and me, two days before I had Cohen.


Now, both of us are out of the maternity clothes. And we are both mothers to sweet little boys.

Cohen. And Bradon.

On December 14th Heather called me and told me that she had just been to the doctor, and that she was dilated 2 cm. and 80% effaced. I told her she was going to have the baby the next day. She told me she wasn't.

Well, on December 15th, I noticed I had missed a call around 8:30AM, from Heather while I was in the shower that morning.
I called her back at 9:30AM and she told me that she had delivered her baby!

I was excited at the news. But the details about the birth are what floored me.

Heather said she had been in pain, and tried to call me to see if I'd take her to the hospital to "get checked". When I didn't answer, she called her neighbor. Heather's husband, Jeff, had gone to work that morning.
Her neighbor, Marla, came and picked Heather up to take her to the hospital, in her new Toyota Sequoia.
Said vehicle, made it on the freeway, and to the exit near the hospital; but no further. Because Heather was in VERY active labor.
Heather told Marla to call 911, and Marla pulled over in to an Applebee's parking lot.
Firemen and paramedics arrived just in time to deliver Heather's baby in Marla's car.

Baby Bradon (pronounced: Bray-Den) made his exciting entrance in to the world!

I know Cohen and Bradon are going to be great friends.
Congratulations, Heather and Jeff.
He's in the NICU at the hospital, but we're hoping for a Christmas miracle: that he will be able to come home before the big holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat story. I'm so glad that the baby arrived safe and sound. Both Cohen and Braydon are so cute. How neat that they are close in age. They might become good friends as they grow up.

By the way, thanks for sending me the video. You and Heather look definitely like sisters.

Bellamy Family said...

love that story, still laughing over it:)