Saturday, June 16, 2012

Kicking Off Summer

When Reagan wants to she can be really sweet with Cohen.  We're still working on how she interacts with Elsa.
A few days ago she told me she wanted to feed Cohen.  So, I let her give him a rice cookie.
Elsa never wants to be left out of a picture.  When she realized I was taking Reagan's picture, she sat down next to Reagan and insisted I take a picture with her in it too.

While my parents were here for the funeral they treated everyone to a trip to the zoo, and to dinner.
I forgot to take any pictures.
But I'll have plenty of opportunity to make up for it when they come back in July for our family trip to Wolf Creek Resort.

The last Saturday that Nick worked, I loaded all three of the kids up and took them to the farmer's market at Pioneer Park. 
You would think, that living in a "child-rich" state, like UT; a Mom with three young children wouldn't attract a lot of attention.  But somehow I manage to do it?  It's not the first time I have put Cohen in the baby bjorn, and Elsa and Reagan in the tandem stroller for an outing; and it's not the first time that I have heard many comments (some to my face, some whispered behind my back) about having my hands full.

Despite that, we had a fun morning.
Reagan played with the hula-hoops, and Elsa noshed on all of the food I put in front of her.

Reagan has had a handful of play-dates already this season.  She has had fun with: Julia, Kaleah, and Taytem.  One day this past week she invited her friend Lizzie over to play.  They had a great time running around in the backyard.

Cohen LOVES his  babyfood.  Lately I have been wondering if he prefers the baby food to his formula bottle?  He gets so excited when I put him in his high chair to eat, because he knows what is coming.
So far, the only foods he hasn't wanted to eat are peaches, and green beans.
After trying the peaches several times, he finally took them.
I wasn't going to push things with the green beans, because frankly, I hate changing "green bean diapers".

And for a baby, he is a pretty neat eater too.
He doesn't let much of his yummy food drip out of his mouth.  It all goes straight to his tummy.

My little Elsa.
This girl was an angel baby.
And is a delightful toddler.
She adores wearing hats and shoes.  Any kind.
And recently, she has been having a penchant for super-hero capes.  She wears this dish-towel cape around the house frequently.
Even the most perfect child experiences the terrible two's.  Elsa can throw a doozy of a tantrum!  And more often, than not, lately; her ears seem to be "painted on".
It's funny.
I have found that the child that tries my patience the least, is the one I lose my patience with the most quickly.  I have really had to "check myself" with Elsa.  I guess, because I am so used to her being my easy-going child; I expect that of her all of the time.  So, the moment she even thinks about taking off her halo, I have snapped at her.
I have been making a conscious effort to stop this!  I need to be more patient with her.

Especially, when I remind myself that she is the only child in our house, these days, that is sleeping through the night!
And for that, I am eternally grateful.
Look at how tall my pretty girl is getting?!
I love her.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hi Brooke! Fun to catch up on your blog! Looks like you guys are doing well! We are going to be in Provo the week of the 4th of July and would love to see you guys and maybe the Lewis' too. As far as I know we are free the 5th and 6th. Let me know if you would have some free-time to see us!