Monday, July 7, 2014

Last Day of School 2014




The last day of school was finally here!
I've never been so excited for summer!   Reagan's kindergarten year was not a great way to start my experience with the public school system.  It is what it is, though.  I am going to do everything, within my power to make sure that Reagan's 1st grade year is fantastic!
 
I took Reagan's picture on the front porch, to commemorate her last day of school.
 
It was an early-out day.  I picked Reagan, and her friend, Kaleah, up from school and we went straight to the Treehouse Museum.
 The museum was practically empty.  So, my kids had free-reign of most of the exhibits.   It was a great way to kick-off summer vacation!


I have been longing for this day to be here, since the beginning of the school year.  I have wanted to have my children be "all mine" again.  If that makes sense?
No more, sending Reagan to school and worrying that she's having a hard day.  No more taxi-cabbing it around the neighborhood.  
If I could, I'd live in state of perpetual summer.
A few days ago, I overheard a snippet of a conversation between two Mom's.  The one Mom commented that she couldn't wait for school to start; and the other Mom concurred.
For my part, I an dreading sending Reagan back to school.  And Elsa will be starting the 3-day-per-week preschool.
I know they need the education.  But I literally love having them home from the summer.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

I've always wanted to try the Treehouse Museum. Maybe we should meet up and go before the summer is up.