Sometimes Nick's work schedule is really hard on me. Every-other week he works Tuesday through Friday from 2PM-10PM, and then Saturday from 9AM-6PM. Putting kids to bed, by myself isn't usually a treat.
But the weeks that he doesn't work nights, his schedule is Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM.
This means that he also has a 3 day weekend, every-other-week.
I love that he has Mondays off, a few times a month.
On Mondays, public venues are generally less busy; and it makes for an ideal situation for Reagan!
One Monday, we packed the kids up and drove to Provo. Specifically, to the BYU campus.
Our first stop was the Paleontology Museum. It's free. And was pretty cool, for a free attraction.
After the dinosaur museum, we went across the street to the Football stadium. The gates were open, because they were getting ready for the Independence Day firework show, and concert.
Nick stayed outside and the girls played on the grass.
I took Cohen with me in to the stadium. I was daring enough to get this close to the field; but not enough to actually go on the field. I didn't want to press my luck.
We did an obligatory picture of the kids riding the bronze cougar, outside Lavell Edwards stadium.
Next, we went to the Monte L. Bean Museum.
It's been closed for renovations. But it's open again, and it is spectacular! I was shocked that admission is still free.
I think this was everyone's favorite activity of the day.
Nick and I were both happy to see Shasta the Liger. I didn't know they had moved her from Hogle Zoo; to the Bean Museum. Pretty cool.
Nothing about the taxidermy'ed animals was creepy, to us anyway. All of the displays were amazing!I am sure we will make more trips here, in the future.
We finished things off by getting ice cream at the BYU creamery.
What could be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment