Wednesday, March 17, 2010

85% Sure.

Happy St. Patrick's Day. Although, it looks like the "Luck O' the Irish" isn't with the Scott's (my maiden name is: Imlay, and it's of Scottish derivative).


Anyway, Nick and I went in for my Dr. Appt. today and the little one seems to be set on being a girl. During the ultrasound my baby kept crossing HER legs (at least she is a lady), but when my doctor could catch a good glimpse she said she was pretty sure it's a girl. Although, we'll know for 100% when we go in next month for the big Measurement ultrasound.
The best news was that she looks healthy, all of my blood tests have come back showing she is healthy and she is a little "wiggler" (just like Reagan). Of course it was and has been aggravating when your unborn baby decides she wants to dance in the middle of the night, but it is also good for my piece of mind (ie- letting me know that she is OK in there).

I am happy that Reagan will be getting a little sister. And I am happy to be having another baby coming to our home. I was going through the Rubbermaid Bins that I separated Reagan's baby clothes in to, a few weeks ago and I had forgotten about some of the cute clothes we had. Not to mention a lot of the outfits that still have tags on them, because Reagan outgrew them before she could wear them! It got me excited at the prospect of having another girl. And even though I have a good existing wardrobe for this kid, you had better believe I am still going out to shop for some new things for her! And I am chomping at the bit to design a fun bedroom for my new little girlie (that probably won't be for another few years down the road, the nursery's yellow safari motif will work just fine for a newborn).

Speaking of decorating... this last week I got around to putting the finishing touches on Reagan's big-girl bedroom (the one we will be moving her in to in a few months). Nick put up wall ledges for me, and I put Butterfly stickers on the walls. It looks adorable!


And FINALLY: Is everyone else as stoked for March Madness as we are? We've proudly got the Duke University flag flying in front of our house. Go BLUE DEVILS!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yay for little girls! And good job on the decorating, totally impressed that's it's all put together and Reagan doesn't even reside there yet...although I guess it's just the same as getting a nursery ready for an unborn baby.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Another girl will be so much fun to have around.

Bing Math said...

Congrats on the baby girl! That's exciting!!

Seriously, though, what is with this Duke obsession? I think they totally robbed the brackets. They don't even have any teams to contend with in their region. I think they are involved with the mob. Oh well.

Korie Bellamy Photography said...

how does everyone get a little girl but me!!! at least with a girl you can still hold out a little hope ... with a boy .. if you see an appendage ... it doesn't disappear:) lol