
Brooke and Lindsay=Double Trouble. San Diego, CA for my 24th Birthday.
I refer to my early 20's as "the blackout years", with good reason. I was young and dumb- and would love to forget some of the things I did. Every day I hope that my kids turn out smarter than me, and make better decisions than I did. There's nothing I can do about my actions during that time of life, so I do not plan on making a laundry list of regrets.
Instead, I just want to say that I look forward to the upcoming years! I feel good, I look good, I have a wonderful marriage, a wonderful child (soon to have two) and am living the life I always wanted.
Most of my past memorable birthdays happened in my childhood years. My parents did a good job on birthdays. Once you grow up I don't think things are as memorable, or maybe you have kids and you lose brain cells- so you don't remember as much?

The most recent birthday will not only go down in my personal history as the year I turned 30, but also as the birthday when I received a piano! Nick and I are going piano shopping and I cannot wait!
Just a trip down memory lane.... Other birthday year highlights consist of:3rd Birthday: My Mom took me, Heather, and my cousin Julie to Chuck-E-Cheese. Us three kids shared a straw from 1 drink of soda and Julie ended up giving me and Heather Chicken Pox. Don't worry Julie, I forgive you. But hey! Let's make a playdate for Reagan and your little guy if Reagan comes down with the Chicken Pox, OK? Kidding.
Heather, Julie and Me. Obviously, we are not 3 years old in this picture, but it was the only one I had on hand, of all three of us together.5th Birthday: I had a party that all of the neighborhood kids came to! I remember that my best friend Melanie gave me a HUGE pack of markers- they were so cool. And I was so cool. Having a party with hip party hats.

R-L: David C., Michael T., Melanie C., Heather I.-sister, Melinda I.-cousin (partial), Tiffany L. (partial), Me. (Kristy T. not shown, but was a guest too).
9th Birthday: My parents planned a surprise party for me, and I really was surprised! I think it was a sleepover? I thought it was so wonderful. Jaime Keddington's gift to me were some Newberry Award winning books. I still remember that one of them was the book: The Wish Giver. We ate Little Caesars pizza and it was so fun.
10th Birthday: My parents took me and a bunch of my friends to lunch at TGI Friday's (this was back when that restaurant was the coolest place to eat. Period). I remember that the servers tied 10 balloons to my pony tail. It made me feel so special. It was probably my most favorite birthday party.
12th Birthday: My parents bought me a Caboodles, and a lot of makeup. I was in pre-teen heaven.
15th Birthday: I got a party at 49th Street Galleria. I invited 4 friends. My Mom dropped us off, and gave me enough money to buy the 5 of us Ultimate Passports and Pizza for lunch. One of the friends ditched me as soon as I bought the Ultimate Passport for her and went off with her other group of friends who "just so happened to be there" at that day and time too (huh? What are the odds?) Ouch.
But Dawn, Brennan and Sam and I all had fun. I think Dawn and I rode the Gravitron 30+ times that day?I'm the Mom now (which still seems strange to me, some days). But I can only hope to endeavor to make Reagan's birthdays as enjoyable, exciting and memorable as mine were.
For this birthday (and, now that I can finally eat again). Thanks to my Wonderful Mom for making me my most favorite dinner. Nothing says "Birthday Celebration" like my Mom's amazing cooking (when she throws her usual healthy ideas out the window and cooks things with real butter, of course).
Thanks to Nick for treating me to a night out. I will always enjoy date night with my main man!
Thanks to my in-laws for taking me to dinner! And to everyone else who did something nice or conveyed birthday wishes to me. Happy Birthday to me!
6 comments:
Happy late birthday! I don't know about you, but I will never forget my childhood. I think because those were some carefree times. The days when having nice things didn't matter. Now it's all about having nice things.
The years I want to forget are my teenage years. I acted so stupid and retarded. I don't know what was wrong with me then. Even if I had the chance to go back, I wouldn't want to.
That's great that you are getting a new piano. A good brand to get is Baldwin. My sister Katie's piano is a Baldwin and it sounds and looks great. It's the same type of pianos you see at our church buildings.
I am glad you love the age you are at. Maybe I am too young to understand, but I don't get why people complain so much about turning 30 or older. Yeah it's no fun getting old, but we should be happy that we are alive and healthy. The celebrity Sigourney Weaver loves the age that she is at. She will tell anyone her age. Right now Sigourney Weaver is 61 years of age and that doesn't bother her. I want to be like her when I get to be in my 30's 40's 50's 60's.
Sorry about the chicken pox. A better way to get revenge would be to get Reagan around Joe when she has it because he has never had it.
I will call you tomorrow since I'm sure you are out tonight.
Happy Birthday. I remember that surprise party so well. I was just talking to my husband about it not too long ago. Your mom came to my house to drop the invitation off and I felt like I had the best secret in the world to keep. It was hard to keep my yapper shut, too. (Some things never change.)
Welcome to the 30's club! I remember our fun trip to the galleria, but I cannot remember someone ditching us. Guess she wasn't cool enough to remember :)
Happy Birthday!!! See, the wonderful memories way out do the bad memories!! Thanks to our families for that huh!! Glad to hear your family is doing well! I didn't know you were expecting your second! Congrats!!
Happy Birthday! (A little late.) Just catching up on your blog. Wow you had some fun birthday celebrations!!
Post a Comment