Friday, March 19, 2010

The Madness!


It goes without saying that yesterday was probably one of the most exciting & interesting days in the history of March Madness Basketball. Prior to marrying Nick I would have never blogged about basketball. But after being exposed to Nick's passion for Duke basketball for the past five years some of it has rubbed off. March Madness is Nick's favorite Holiday.
As I have learned, people either love Duke, or hate it. We're Duke lovers (and no, Haley I don't think Duke has connections to the mafia. If that were the case we'd know Coach K as "Peach Lipinski" and JJ Redick would have been "Jackie the Lackey" or some nonsense like that). They are just consistently that good because of strategic coaching and talented players.
Duke isn't the only team we cheer for. We also love our BYU Cougars and UW Huskies. So, yesterday was like an awesome bi-fecta in our house (and it goes without saying that Duke will do well tonight). I won't whine if some of the teams lose their next games, in fact it's to be expected. But I thought the latest events were worth mentioning.
I know each of these teams have "haters", but I think the negative comments just come because of sour grapes *cough- Tar Heel and Ute Fans-cough*. North Carolina fans: take heart, maybe they will come out on top in the NIT.

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

Ouch - a stab in the heart!!

Just because my dear Utes have forgotten how to play ball and averaged more turnovers a game than rebounds this season doesn't mean I'm totally a "hater." I just hope we don't have to wait 17 years for another NCAA win.

For the record, I don't "hate" Duke. I just don't like them. I would cheer for them over Kentucky, though. And Coach Kryzermascheskewsilewki is only a suspected mafia man. Rick Pitino, on the other hand, definitely a godfather (interesting that he is connected to Kentucky, hmmm).

Oh, and Washington? Go Huskies!!! Purple! W! Woo-hoo!! (See, I can be positive!)